29 Sept 2012

M's birthday :-)

Do U know what day is today?

29 September is my mother's birthday !!

My sisters like to name her as "M". Becos the letter stands for Mother and my mother don't have a Christian name / nickname :D

Anyway, the day kicked off when my 1st sister (Da Jie) gave M a red packet as birthday present. I don't know how much was inside and I don't bother to ask as I won't give "red packet" to be so-called birthday gift.


U might be wondering why M accept red packet as part of her gifts was becos none of my sisters knew what to buy for her present, so they gave red packet every year instead of birthday presents -- I think so !!

After that, I went separate ways with M and Da Jie as I secretly plan to buy a birthday gift to her. I know that it seems to be in last minute, but at least I don't give red packet as a birthday gift as I'm just a student and it's better to have something to give her at the end of the day rather than empty-handed.

At around 6pm, I "reunited" with M and Da Jie (they waited me at Toa Payoh MRT station - becos I didn't receive M's call cos my phone suckz). And since the time was early than expected, M and Da Jie went to do a little shopping while I was waiting on a staircase - playing my new iPad and left a message in Path.

When M had done her shopping and while we were on the way to the venue to had our dinner, we met third sister (San Jie), Rodrick (my 1st nephew) and Brian (my brother-in-law). Rodrick shouted very loudly to M, while running to her way: "Ah Ma (Grandma in hokkien language) !!". M was extremely happy when she saw Rodrick and walked extremely "faster" than her normal speed ~ LOL

While I was chatting with San Jie about the blog thingy, we arrived at the Chinese restaurant (i forgot the name :-P). Anyway, we went inside and sat in. I recorded and uploaded this keek while waiting for my 2nd sister (Er Jie), BB (my 2nd nephew) and Daniel (another brother-in-law of mine).


After a short while, Er Jie, BB and Daniel came in to the restaurant. Thus, the waitress asked M whether it was ready to start the 1st dish. Dad would be coming later as he was working OT. 

Beng Thin Duck Salad

Crispy Roast Chicken
Dad came after the 2nd dish was out but becos he need to wash his hands and thus, he came on the time where the 3rd dish was already out !! LOL...

Crab-meat Fatt Choy Pottage

Fujian Prawn Ball & Ngo Hiang

Cantonese Style Deep Fried Garoupa

Crab-meat Scrambled Eggs with Lettuce

Fujian Fried Noodles
After the fried noodles was served, that should be the last dish before the dessert. However, M went on to order an additional dish - Kou Rou Bun (a roasted pork packed with an empty bun).

Kou Rou Bun
While waiting for the dessert to come after I finished the 2 buns, I found that my 2 nephews were playing together. So, I recorded a video on them. :-)


Daily Dessert
Dad was very angry becos of the longer waiting time to start the birthday song and the preparation of the ordered birthday cake. He teared the menu paper into tiny pieces and hid them under the table, maybe becos there's nothing for him to eat and made him angry in a way >_<"


 Finally, the birthday cake arrived.

"Happy Birthday" in Chinese Characters

6 candles indicated that M is now 60 years old !!
Here's the funny moments when M was going to blow the candles; Er Jie was stunned on his son's craziest behavior and San Jie was laughed her ass off while taking pictures of that moment 3:-D

Watch the video and find out !! :-P



After that, the waiter helped us to slice the cake into 10 pieces.

My plate of sliced cake ~~ yum-yum !!
And lastly, the peach !! For the Chinese, we believed that eating the peach while you're celebrating birthday, especially for those who are aged 50 years and or above, he / she must eat these peach-like lin rong to "extend" the lifespan. A sign / taboo to follow - some kind of an old tradition !!



After the celebration, we parted ways and waved goodbye with one another. While on the way home, Dad drove me, M and Da Jie to the nearby OCBC bank, so as to let M deposited the money from the red packets to her bank account. While waiting for M, I login to my new iPad and keeked in a new video - featuring my father and I in his lorry :-P


Upon reaching home, I put down my things and gave my birthday gift to my mother personally. We took some photos with the gift together :-)


A cat-decorated mug with a "feather" bought with the gift-box 
This present was bought when I mentioned in the previous (way above) paragraphs that I was going to buy a birthday gift to M, instead of red packet. Initially  I wanted to buy a wok but it was heavy and expensive and I don't know which brand she like.

Note: I was supposed to go for the free Genting trip for today and tomorrow, but somehow I was not selected as 1 of the 20 bloggers. U can see the last blog entry that I wrote: "My Personal Winter Fashion". Guess I am not a famous blogger just yet as I don't have any sponsors in the meantime ~~ Oh well :S

No comments:

Post a Comment